BMW 3.0 CSL
P.O.R. | 1973 | Gasoline
BMW 3.0 CSL – Available – Located in Houston, TX, USA on clean TX Title
Restored by Oldenzaal Classics between 2019 – 2020
Matching numbers example, Concourse Restoration, just test miles since: E9 3.0 CSL
Most definitely the best, most beautiful and most correct 3.0 CSL on the market. Correct color, correct interior, correct engine, correct all around.
- Italian-delivered factory 3.0 CSL
- Matching Numbers
- Factory 037 Fjord Blue
- All correct Aluminium panels
- Bare-metal restoration
- Completely documented Restoration
- Just test kilometers since
- New paint, new chrome
- Rebuilt Suspension, Brakes
- Rebuilt engine
- BMW Classic Certificate
- w/ Factory Manuals, Service Book
Concours level 3.0 CSL
This BMW 3.0 CSL was produced on 7-6-1973 and delivered to BMW Italia on the 20th of June 1973. It was sold through a BMW dealer called SA.MO.CAR S.p.A in Rome. Very rare: this car comes with the original Service book with ownership info and stamps of the selling dealer. Also the original CSL-Specific-Manual (unobtainium) is present). The car was sold new to Mr. Martucci from Rome, Italy.
This is a Non-City-Pack 3.0 CSL: the most raw E9 experience. No power steering, no power windows, no sound insulation. Aluminium bodypanels, CSL bucketseats, no front bumper and lightweight plastic rear bumper.
We have found the car in a dry storage. The car was unrestored and with all original parts. An beautifully solid base to start with. It even remained in mostly original paint prior to restoration. The 3.0 CSL has been stripped completely: everything was taken out and off.
We have carefully disassembled the car and labeled everything after which all parts were sent away for plating, powdercoating and rebuilding. The body was sanded back to bare metal. Thickness of bodypanels (steel and aluminium) we’re measured; all factory correct CSL spec.
The car was repainted beautifully in the factory Fjord color on the outside, underside, engine-bay and trunk. After that it was re-assembled with both New and NOS parts. The interior of the car is factory correct with the correct black headliner,restored CSL seats and new doorpanels. The carpets are of the correct felt-style material.
Technically restored from A to Z: All axle parts have been inspected, sandblasted and powdercoated. All hardware was re-plated and every rubber, bushing, joint or bearing is brand new. So is the brake system. The original engine was rebuilt and everything on and around the engine is new or rebuilt. The factory 4-speed and limited-slip differential have been rebuilt as well.
The restoration contained the following:
- Completely stripped, windows out, axles off
- Near-rust-free body, original panels, un-damaged, bondo-free base-car
- Completely sanded to bare-metal
- Epoxy primer
- All correct Aluminium panels: hood, trunk, doors etc.
- Glorious new paint in factory 037 Fjord
- Matching Numbers engine rebuilt
- Injection system rebuilt and retuned
- New fuelpump, filter and lines
- Rebuilt startermotor
- Rebuilt alternator
- Fueltank powdercoated, flushed
- new Bilstein Shocks
- Correct CSL Springs
- Rebuilt CV shafts
- Cap, rotor, points, plugs, cables, Condensator replaced
- Waterpump, Thermostat, Coolant hoses, Coolant replaced
- Steeringbox restored, alignment, new tie-rods
- Rebuilt re-plated brake calipers 4x
- New Rotors 4x
- New Brake pads
- New master cylinder, brakelines, brake hoses, brakefluid
- Restored, Powdercoated Front Axle + Rear Axle
- Wheelbearings, bushings, hardware replaced
- Sway-bar links Front + Rear replaced
- New clutch cylinders
- Limited slip diff rebuilt
- Correct 7×14 Alpina / CSL Wheels w/ new Lugnuts, Tires
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- No sound insulation, felt carpet set
- Reupholstered correct CSL bucketseats w/ cord cloth & vinyl
- new headliner in black – as per CSL
- refinished wood panelling
- Correct 40 cm Petri wheel
- Tried, tested, alignment
- Around 200 test kilometers since restoration, teething problems solved
- Clean Texas Title
Beautiful, correct 3.0 CSL now available. No ifs, no buts, no questions as with many CSL’s.
Share your love for this classic car
Every week a classic in your mailbox?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter now
Your specialist in classic cars
Financing? Lease? We are happy to make you a proposal for a tailor-made solution for your new dream car. Our cooperation partner, abcfinance GmbH (Germany) has many years of experience in the field of leasing and financing of classic and exclusive cars.
We speak German, English and Spanish and deliver to every front door worldwide.